Well documented GridBot v2 build

If you haven’t seen it and are considering a GridBot build, check out this ongoing documentation and discussion.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for linking that post. And I love the new forums. I hope to see some great projects on here.

I link to your build thread anytime anyone shows interest in a GridBot. It really is fully of incredibly good information and eye candy.

I expect some inertia getting people over from Facebook. Communities are best built by word of mouth, so please invite whomever you think would be interested. But this really is a better experience. I wish I had done it sooner.

3 Likes

I have my printer on a table, at desk height. I really love how easily I can see the print when it is making the first layer. It is at a really comfortable height, and it is very open. I feel like this is an underrated feature.

1 Like

Since I was not interested (from experience) in printing ABS, I was able to focus on making it as open and light as possible while keeping the XY rigid. Did putting the cross braces under the bed make any noticeable difference for you?

I didn’t notice anything different.

On my printers, their primary purpose is to mount the 3 level thumb screws. The way they are printed prevents them from torquing under load.