Planning and waiting for parts

I feel like I don’t have a good enough grasp of the needed belt tension (started out way to tight).
I was wondering what you think about solutions like this(will of course need to make it mountable on 2020 extrusions) :

At least to use temporarily, because cutting and placing new zip ties gets old quite fast😁
Or is that only adding more problems?

Saw in another thread that you had experimented with a Duet board, any tips there? The config tool makes the coarse settings easy, but it feels like there is so much fine tuning to be done.

I never really had time to work with the Duet, so it’s still in a box. I think tensioning the bearings is just as good an approach. A little more complex mechanically.

1 Like

At last the “beast” has come to life :smile:
Although quite more colorful than planned. Will probably make it a bit less so in the future.
I had a heck of a time with my Duet 2 wifi board, I wasn’t really ready for the change from marlin apparently. Just finished of my first small print and it works quite well considering nothing is tuned yet!

Thanks for your constant and tireless support Stewart!

1 Like

After ripping my hair a bit with the Duet 2 wifi board, I have given up on that for a bit and installed an SKR Mini e3 v2 instead. It’s working well considering I haven’t tuned it very much yet.
But, my z-axis lead screws are binding a bit. They are straight (more or less, but enough). They are oiled and the belt tension is not to much.
Any ideas how to proceed figuring out why?
As far as I’ve measured everything is straight and the right dimensions (±0.2-3mm).

the collar for the lead screw needs to be level. the lead screw needs to be parallel to the rods. and the rods need to be parallel to the sides of the printer. if part of the Z travel is smoother than another, then they are not parallel. if the entire Z travel is binding, then the lead screw maybe bowed top to bottom. this could either be a defective screw, or more likely, one end or the other is pinned in a position causing the binding.

Thanks again!
By collar I guess you mean the brass nut?
Yeah I need to double check that it’s parallell, not only straight thanks.
Writing this I realise that the nuts are completely fastened and have no play… Will have to fix that.

yes, the nut with the flange

1 Like