About to get started with new GridBot v2 build

OK, I think I got it.
I needed
INVERT_X_DIR false
INVERT_Y_DIR false
INVERT_Z_DIR true

but I had false, true, true.
No mirroring any more. Prints are rotated 90 degrees to the left, but I think that’s because my origin is set to the rear left like the homing position, but kiri’s origin is bottom left, so prints are just rotated 90 degrees. Not a big deal, but I think I will change that.

I did change the extrusion length limiits, so I can do a proper load/unload of the whole length with a decent speed. I think a sload unload might have caused my heat break blocking.

Do you usually unload filament after each print (if you are not immediately printing again)? I might leave it loaded for now.

2 Likes

i usually leave it loaded

Everything seems to be working fine now. I did have to change the firmware from CoreYX to CoreXY after I made the change to the stepper inversion (which fixed the mirroring, but swapped the axes). Now the axes are all correct and no mirroring.

1 Like

I just installed the raspi camera and it appeared automatically after restart. Nice.
Is there a way to configure camera rotation? My picture is rotated 90 derees counterclockwise. I could adjust my mount, but I thought I’d ask if there’s an easy way to rotate already.

sure. create the file:

grid-bot/etc/camera.conf

and in it define:

ROTATION=90

or whatever rotation you want. the change should be immediate. all the magic happens in this script:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks. That’s perfect.

Now that everything’s working great, I’m already thinking about the next changes.
I ordered a Whambam Mutant v2 and hope to get this installed as an easy way for swapping the hotend

https://whambamsystems.com/mutant

It seems like it should be easy enough to install.

2 Likes

With this I think I will close this thread and just start new topics for all the upcoming adventures with the GridBot. Thanks for all the support so far.

2 Likes