Thoughts on Duet Boards for future expansion

My x endstop is still sensorless homing, which is less than ideal. This is mostly because I haven’t put in the time to figure out how to wire a fixed end stop for x that triggers reliably without mounting it either on the hotend or gantry. I’ve found sensorless homing to be less of an issue when the entire mass of the gantry isn’t moving, but I’d still like to move away from it.

Also, I’d love to hear feedback on the design if you’ve got any. I didn’t really expect anyone else to build one, but I’m certainly curious how it turned out.

My turn to be slow to reply, sorry!
It’s printing very well, but it’s quite clear that some pieces is ment to be cut in alu. Many parts are quite thin, even when printed in ASA. I’m fiddling with beefing up some parts to make it a bit more sturdy when only using printed parts.
Overall I think it’s a really well made design, so well done!

1 Like

Well, I haven’t had time to print much this last year. But the printer is performing very well, only issues I’ve had has been to do with height of the idlers in the front and some flex in the motor mounts.
Have you made any updates to yours? I’d love to see any new modifications you’ve made!