Outlines and contours disagree on part shape

KM settings are not associated with the Onshape part. They’re associated with your computer / account so that they are the same in all KM tabs. The new export function should do the trick, though. Make sure to select “include workspace”.

Thanks for your patience and help tracking this down

Okay. I thought perhaps something about the way Onshape expresses the geometry “internally” might be different than the way it expresses via STL. (But you’ll probably tell me that KM gets the same STL in either case.)

The Onshape API that KM uses to get the part returns vertices very similar to an STL. The only difference is scale and resolution. When you export an STL from Onshape, you may be using units that don’t convert well on re-import. Capturing what KM has in the workspace is more reliable.

Also, Onshape’s internal representation of geometry is radically different from what KM uses.

Okay. Well, if you’d like me to try harder to share directly on Onshape, let me know. It’s a public project.

D11 just went live. let me know what you think of the new help menu and the version switcher under the top right person/gear menu. also bug reports :slight_smile: looking forward to testing a full profile export with workspace from a browser not my own.