Laser mode no color for merged slicing

Is there an error on the Javascript console? I just fixed a bug in laser preview that I’m pushing to production in a few hours. It would probably cause this.

Yes?

that might be a different bug :confused:

can you send me a profile export with “include workspace” checked? I want to replicate and fix this for tonight’s release.

email to sa@grid.space

thanks

Okay thanks so much for looking in to this.

so this works in my current code base with the profile you sent. however, the mesh is not complete and leads to artifacts. this is what I see when I slice. notice the open ends. and in preview look at the open ends being closed leading to unwanted cuts. and in the mesh view you can see how the sides aren’t closed. this isn’t a fully sealed object.

the changes I can make to accomodate this situation is not automatically close open polygons. I will play with this. however. it’s not going to help your laser cut with open ends :frowning:

If this terrain was generated from an image, then maybe Kiri’s new image import conversion can do a better job. It will generate a properly sealed object.

Everything seems to be working as promised. This is super useful. Thanks!

1 Like

awesome. would love to see pics of the final cut.

Stewart,
Here are a few pics of the cut piece. Not completed but you get the idea. 2mm craft foam, glowforge, Buffalo River Arkansas
JS

1 Like

That is really cool! Thanks for sharing!

I recently downloaded Blender and figured out how to fix meshes like the one you originally posted above.