Kiri:Moto Version 2.5 Release is live

The Kiri:Moto 2.5 GA release is this coming Saturday and will be accompanied with a new video guide. It includes minor bug fixes to the 2.5.D10 version that is up now.

1 Like

That video is great! Taught me a few things I didn’t know, and the bookmarks made it easy to find the parts I was interested in.

1 Like

Hi Stewart,
I just discovered Kiri:Moto for the first time yesterday and it is fantastic! I’ve tried lots of CAM path generation packages and this is exactly what I was looking. Really great job.
The video guide was also very useful, thank you.
One thing I noticed on CAM animation preview is that I can’t seem to ‘skip forward without animation’. Max playback speed is 8x which is quite slow for more complex jobs. Maybe I am missing something?
Thanks again, great work.
Alan

Hi, Alan, and welcome. Skipping forward or to the end means doing all the calculations the animation does. It is CPU intensive without the animation and there is no shortcut. A rewind function would require a large undo memory stack which would cause it to be very limited (and also slow). IOW, the simulated milling is not easy to speed up or make reversible operation. I am looking at using WASM to accelerate the calculations, which may help out. Also, 8x is a relative speed (not against realtime). At 8x, the “delay” between animation frames is zero, so it can’t go faster.

1 Like