Javascript Slicing API Live Tester

as noted above, currently you need to copy to libraries to your local web server for it to function. it’s something I’ve looked at a few times, but fixing it is complicated by web security protocols.

Hi @stewart,

There is problem in running javascript on localhost. Seems some libraries are missing.
What should we do?
Do you have any angular file of the same, so that we can try on that as well.

Thanks.

Can you be more specific? What errors are you seeing? Are you running the local server or a copy of some files? because the front end uses fetch and other loaders, the back end must be the node based http server and not a local filesystem. I am running the engine and frame samples from localhost right now without issue.

Please see the attached image of code.
We have this JS method over there in JS Engine and in that display_gcode is not executing for some reasons. It is the method which returns the output, still not executing.

Thanks!

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-03 at 10.44.26 AM

how are you running the grid-apps server? using the instructions in the readme?

Hi @stewart, thanks for reply.

We are running 3d printing JS on local space.

“Gapp not defined” is the error we are getting. Can you tell us what is it and how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @stewart,

Please find the attached image. I’m getting this error.
Can you please elaborate me what is the reason and how can we solve this?

Please let us know, waiting for your reply.

It’s not clear to me how you are running this as it’s working for me running locally and on Grid.Space … did you follow the readme.md and start the node server?

Thanks for the reply @stewart

Yesterday night we succeed to run locally, thank you.

But there are two issues,

1. After putting standard parameters as below,

sliceShells: 1,
sliceFillSparse: 0.25,
sliceTopLayers: 2,
sliceSolidLayers: 2,
sliceBottomLayers: 2

Value of the filament is not matching with the some other slicer like Cura.

1. .Stl files having greater than 50 grams of weights are failing to export code. Either it is taking too long time or the page is getting blanked.

Please help us out.

Thanks in advance !!

You will need to provide a model and full parameters (preferably a KM workspace export) in order for me to help troubleshoot this.

@stewart,
Thank You.
I’m not able to upload .stl file here. Can you please provide your mail ID or any source where I can send model.

If the file is large, a link to a google drive file or other cloud sharing is preferable. My email is [ sa at grid dot space ]

Thank you for giving your mail access. I have sent you the model and expected parameters, please go through it.