Importing 3mf Files?

I was trying to pull a 3mf file into the grid and it doesn’t seem to load. The bed goes green same as when I drag in an STL, but then proceeds to do… nothing. I dragged in the STL of the same model, no problem. I tried it by clicking import as well to no success.

Help?

3MF files are only supported in the 3.x development versions. Use the top right person/gear menu to select the latest version

Hey that’s pretty rad! I’m sure they’re accepting feedback on it, do you know where that goes? The letters on surface are in a jumbled pile next to the object when I import the 3mf.

I’m getting a class full of high school students going with slicing Friday and I guess we’ll stick with STLs for now.

Please send me any 3MF files that do not import properly along with an STL of what it should look like. Email to sa@grid.space – thanks!

Ok, so I went back to fusion and re-exported it as a 3mf and STL to make sure that I had the right pair. And now it’s working in Kiri. So. Maybe I just grabbed an old work-in-progress version by accident. Seems things are working.

Thanks for the quick response in any case. :sweat_smile:

great. the previous export may have been before the letters were booleaned with the other object. so they would be separate.