How to Load Profile?

I can save Profiles, but I can’t load them after clearing data/cache of Firefox browser. I have reviewed the “Persistence…” article, but it is too technical for me. Can the profile be saved locally, in a folder of my choosing, and an option made in the Profile tab to be able to load it from a chosen location please?
I have to re enter my tool descriptions every time, otherwise. Thank you

You can drag / drop any .km or .kmz file onto the platform to re-load it or “file → import” it. Use the top right menu to export profile or right-click the workspace and export if you want to create local profile copies.

I have tried to restore my prefs & tool descriptions just now, from a local .km file, and it doesn’t seem to do anything. I have tried drag & drop as well as file-import, to no avail.

@bongo_matteo Can you DM the .km file to me so I can take a look?

Click right mouse on workspace area is how Ive done it before. It will not do it now though. Is it the same if I save as Profile in the profile tab?

profile export with workspace checked is the same as right-click export. the workspace you sent me only contains the stock tools.

Shouldnt the workspace backup .km file also backup the tools? The reason I have for backup is entirely to backup my tool descriptions.

workspaces include tools when exported

Thats what I thought. As you discovered they are not present… they should have been.

There were tools in your exported workspace. They were just the default set, nothing more. You can test this by deleting the default tools and then importing the workspace.