How to export CAM operations as separate files

I don’t have a tool changer for Cam operations and I was hoping there was a way to export each CAM operation as a separate file? Roughing in a file by its self. Contours by its self, ETC.
Its very time consuming and can introduce errors doing it by hand.
Thanks

hi @cdo1955 and welcome! you can ctrl+click or cmd+click an operation to disable it (turns red). then export will ignore it. the feature you’re asking for (a zip download containing a file for each op) is on my todo list.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt help, Great software

1 Like

Just wanted to add: I don’t have a tool changer either, but I setup my G-code streamer (bCNC) to intercept tool change requests so I can manually change tools, then keep going. I find that to be easier and less error prone than running separate files.

maybe this week in a dev (3.2) release… I will post a follow-up here.

turns out this was easier than expected. will be in tonight’s release!

zip file export with operations in discrete files is now in production in version 3.2

I tagged on another feature per a request from @mcdanlj which is to enable/disable parts from consideration similar to the way operations can be enabled / disabled. when selected, the top/left context menu now has delete (trash icon) or disable (x icon). when a disabled part is selected, the (x) turns into a check (:heavy_check_mark:) to allow you to re-enable it.

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 2.03.16 PM

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 2.04.58 PM

please let me know if these feature are working for you

1 Like

Can you share any info on how you went about setting that up? I’m using bCNC as well.

Sure, have a look here: Tutorials: Tool Change with bCNC, FreeCAD & grbl · vlachoudis/bCNC Wiki · GitHub

IIRC I am using “Manual Tool Change (TLO)”

1 Like

Thank you for the link! I will have to do some reading and testing.