About the Kiri:Moto category

A browser-based app for 3D printers, CNC mills, and laser cutters. Takes 3D models as input and produces GCode or SVG output.

The top level Kiri:Moto topic is generally for announcements and discussions related to Kiri that are not easily grouped under one of Kiri’s four major functional modes.

Sub-topics should be used to group discussions along functional lines since that also more closely aligns with communities of interest.

Some helpful shortcuts and other info can be found on the Wiki.

I have real newbie question here. I’ve played with Kiri before, using a design created in Onshape, and got to the stage I could probably have carved it, but never had enough need to actually follow through. A few months have passed, and I have a new design, one I have more motivation to actually turn into wood. But I can’t for the life of me remember or discover how to get my design from Onshape to Kiri, or how to start Kiri from Onshape, or whatever it takes to get started! Feels kind of dumb.

What do I need to know? (And, where would I find the information again? I couldn’t find any topic or video that implied it covered the Onshape/Kiri integration.)

paul

p.s. Feel free to move this post to wherever it should really live.

Found it. It’s under “Applications” in the “Add tab” menu, designated by the big ‘+’ sign in the lower left of the Onshape screen. I’ll try and remember that, this time.